Wednesday, 18 January 2006

No Second Chances

For the first time in a long time, brand new Timespotters has been written. We're talking page one of the brand new series here, which, after a long delay has been written. Just page one mind!

Usually at this point I'm already critical of what I'm writing, but this time is different. That excitement is still here, and I can't wait to write the remainder of the script (tonight for instance I write that telephone conversation - you're going to love it!). Perhaps I'm changing in my ways, perhaps I've just learnt that criticisms are always the best thing. Or perhaps, at last, I've found my confidence as a writer. I guess we'll see.

I've also got the entire plan for series one in my hands. And unlike the original concept I dreamed of soooooooo long ago, series one really is a self-contained adventure in its own right. And that's important in modern television, a medium where second chances, second series, are not always granted. It's important that I make this series as fantastic and brilliant as I can, because I might not another chance to.
Post a Comment