Friday, 24 February 2006

Just A Few Things That Urgently Need Doing

A quick checklist of all the thing's I need to do before work can begin on the fourth draft script. Some areas have been (censored) to avoid giving away potential spoilers. And because I love teasing you guys...

+WRITE CHARACTER GUIDES
I need to understand my characters far better - write about how they behave and how that effects what they say. This will help me with dialogue.

+MAKE A CAST/SET LIST
I've got too many cast members in this script - some need to be removed (ie, the ones that have no real function for the central plot, like "Clive"). Also, I need to draw up a list of all the sets used. Do I have too many sets?!?

+READ OTHER SCRIPTS
I need to make my script match the style of other scripts or it'll never be bought by a television channel!

+RE-READ DRAFT THREE
This may come as a surprise but this script was far from perfect. By re-reading this script I'll hopefully pick up on the things that were wrong and can address them in my next draft.

+RE-THINK EVELYN'S MOTIVATIONS
Ie, re-think the central theme of this episode. It should be the theme of (censored), but this needs clarifying. It's not too clear at the moment. Add more detail, fool!

+CHANGE THE OPENING 10 - 15 MINUTES
Needs to be more (censored) dammit! And (censored) needs to be (censored) for the most ammount of impact.

+SLEEP
Oh wait, can't... I've got a fourth draft waiting to be written.

Damn.
Post a Comment