Thursday, 9 March 2006

Nothing Really Important Happened Today (Or For A While Actually)

I've had a self-exile from the world of Timespotters for the last week or so, mostly because I'd just spent a good two months writing one script, and also because I've fallen desperately behind in my coursework. But, anyhoo, I'm back after my little break away, and I can tell you that basic planning on "April 3rd" has started, which I'm reasonably excited about. It's one of those scripts that's dying to be written. It needs to be written. We live in such a media-biased world that it's great to write something that challenges the way we think, in ways that Timespotters (a mainstream television show) never could.

Anyway, I've been planning a third script at the minute (lets call it Script X just for the hell of it) The script is another play, and tackles the theme of how a big news story can effect (and maybe devestate) a small local town. And that's all I'm saying for now! Work won't even begin on that script for at least a couple of months, so it's at the back of my mind right now, but still, bubbling away, as the ideas begin to form.

And Timespotters too. Boy, I couldn't be happier with the first 10 pages of draft 4. Although admittedly it's not the greatest script in the work, it is exactly the sort of script Timespotters needs to be : modern, funny, exciting, and most of all, fresh. I can't wait to write the next 50 or so pages. And now would be a good time to get started. See you soon, boys and girls...
Post a Comment