Tuesday, 12 September 2006

The Highs And Lows Of Writing

I have to admit that I'm not in the best of moods today. I don't really want to say why here, but needless to say, it's affected my entire day, and ruined any happiness that I could have enjoyed.

Nevermind. Because when I'm in this sort of mood, I write my very best. For example, today I wrote another 5 pages of "Afteramths" and on top of that, I edited another 4 pages. And you know what? It's great stuff, and I'm so so proud of what I've done today.

When I'm down or depressed, I'm also keen to isolate myself from others. Ever since I was a child, it's during this isolation that I best unlock my imagination. I don't know why. Perhaps I can think better when others aren't around to distract me. Yeah, that's the reason. So today, on a day where I'm probably the most depressed that I've been in a long time, I had a lot to unlock, and a lot to drawn upon.

"Aftermaths" is a great script to right in a downbeat mood - because that's exactly the tone that I want the script to take. Today I continued building upon last week's work, and I completed a huge chunk of writing. New words within the script include: "crumbs", "dust", "raw" and "private". All in all, today's work seems satisfying, because at last I've edited a few scenes that before hand, I've felt were a little underwhelming. Now I look at them and can't see many faults at all. Result!

Anyways, what I have got to be down about? I've a half completed script (which has to be seen to be believed), an almost entire day off of college tomorrow, and a DVD due to arrive any day now from play.com. Now that's what I'm talking about!
Post a Comment