Wednesday, 24 January 2007

Tomorrow (It Comes)

My exams are officially over as of today (I had English Language this morning; and yes, before you ask, it went fairly well). I can now look forward to tomorrow's Theatre Studies performance - one which I've been preparing for for what feels like years now.

In reality though, it's only months, as we were placed into groups around Halloween 2006. In these groups we were required to come up with half an hour of improvised material - and at first sight to me and my group it looked like an impossible idea.

We flirted with several ideas itially (including, strangely, setting our piece in a hair salon) but after a month of crisis talks, we finally made our pitch; an episodic play all about skeletons - and how, after death, we're nothing more than bones.

Last month we performed to a live audience for a one off showing of our play (which remains untitled) and the feedback was mostly positive. Now we're set to perform one last time to a group of around 100 individuals (including Michelle Gilliver, my drama teacher from last year's studies) and you know what? I can't wait!

December's performance showed us as a group that despite our initial troubles we've got a strong, focused play - and one that since then we've refined further and further. All that's left for me to do is give it my all, and entertain my audience as much as possible.

Wish me luck - and fingers crossed I really don't 'break a leg'...
Post a Comment