Tuesday, 13 February 2007

Spawn and Pits

After almost four months away, I've finally resumed writing on my two comics "Assassin" and "Darkened Avenue" (and you thought Kevin Smith was bad!). If I'm honest, today's writing wasn't the best I've ever done - especially since, when reading over the last issue's cliffhanger to Darkened Avenue, I realised how well written the finale was. In comparison then, this return was always going to be a little disappointing!

Work on "Self" is continuing thick and fast - but it looks although Thursday filming date has now been postponed by 24 hours, and will now take place on Friday. The guy I wanted working on the main camera, a friend of mine for almost five years now, wasn't available for the first filming date; so I've pushed back filming to accomodate him.

All in all, it's been a hectic day - and one where I've done a considerable amount of writing. On top of everything I've already mentioned, I've written my girlfriend's Valentine Day's message, a cute (if not overly so!) little message where I tell her how much she means to me. Every word of it is true - because that woman, I love her more than anything else.

I've also been commissioned to write an article in a little magazine called "Wanted". I've no idea what's going to go inside the article - yet - but I'm tempted to talk about my "Self" script, and how, as a student, it annoys me when others look down upon Film as an adacademic subject. Sure, it's not biology, but when done right Film can be more powerful than a silly lesson of test tubes, and I want others to realise that.

Right, I'll be off now as my favourite show of 2006 - "Life on Mars" - is coming on shortly; and I've still got a little more work to do before I can sit down to watch it. Wish me luck...
Post a Comment