Sunday, 25 February 2007

Ten Days Away...

It's been a busy old time for me all around the past 10 or so days. Not only have I filmed (and subsequently edited) most of my "Self" short film, but I've also found time to write a little more on my "Assassin" and "Darkened Avenue" comics too.

I've also had the longest night of my life. No really. I did a Jack Bauer, and stayed up all night long in order to complete a piece of work. Literally, I was awake from early Sunday morning, all the way through to 11:30 pm the following day. Worse thing is, the 'next day' was only my birthday - and I was exhausted throughout!

Still, I got the work done, so that's off my back. And I had a great birthday, with all my family around me, so that was nice. The birthday cake has to rank amongst the best cake I've ever tasted; so much so that it's a surprise there's still some left today. Well, it was a big cake...

If one thing's suffered because of my heptic schedule over the past week, it's my relationship with those around me. Instead of seeing my girlfriend and friends in the day, I spent most of my days tucked away in a tiny edit suite before a minute computer - editing away at "Self". Note to one's self; the girlfriend is the most important person in your life. Never neglect her again.

Friday was nice, as it gave me an opportunity to work with a close friend of mine, Jack Porter. He 'guest directed' a short scene of mine for "Self" - and did a pretty good job; although the scene is completely different to everything else in the film - which is no bad thing. I'll have to plan to work on a full length feature with him one day...

Right, this week now. Ah. It's going to be an incredibly busy time. I want to finish my work on "Self", and maybe resume work on my two comics by completing their current issues. I've also got a new script to begin work on in the coming weeks - but more on that another time. It's going to be a blast, but before all that...

...I need some sleep! See you all soon.
Post a Comment