Wednesday, 28 March 2007

Blogger's Anti-Heroes

Over at Torchwood.tv (my other site - sacralige I know...) we've been having a spot of bother with a number of readers recently; to such an extent that we've had to remove our once friendly c-box from the page. On top of that, today I found myself abused by a reader in the comments section - which, all in all, leaves me wondering why I even bother.

Myself and my blogging partners (including the ever reliable Kurly) write the blogs in our spare time, and don't get paid for doing so. We write because it's a passion of ours, and nothing else. For somebody to come online and then call us for doing that? Well that's just not on - and it takes the fun out of the whole blogging lark.

But one has to take it as it comes, and accept that it's just a part of life. There's always going to be people who want to moan at other people's expense and if I'm ever going to get anywhere within the industry, I've got to learn that fundemental fact; you won't always please everybody no matter how hard you might try.

Honestly I'm having the time of my life right now writing these five blogs - even if they are a right royal pain up the backside sometimes! I doubt that the fun of writing will ever go away completely; even if Torchwood, or Sarah Jane or whatever is cancelled. If there's a blog, then you can count on me to still be writing it. Cos bullies shouldn't ever win.

In other news, I've F-I-N-A-L-L-Y started that damn magazine article, which currently has the title "Music From Chameleons". The first draft, completed this very afternoon, is so unbelievably terrible that I'm going to go away this very minute and write it out again; good this time. The deadline from the editor-in-chief is tomorrow, so wish me luck!

Adios amigos - until next time!
Post a Comment