Monday, 19 March 2007

Caught Red Handed

My, embarrassment is a funny old thing, isn't it? This weekend I got caught doing something I would rather not have been caught doing, and I've never felt so embarrassed in all my life. No doubt my cheeks were blazing red, and I was a stuttering mess! Looking back though, I suppose one has to look at the funny side and laugh.

I've never been one of those people up their own arse so much that the only opinion that matters would be their own. Neither's my mum. Yesterday I spent the afternoon with her at a restaurante, helping her celebrate Mother's Day. She'd been working all day and had a terrible time. All of her employers were being all snooty nosed and arrogant to her. Where do people get off doing that to other human beings?

If I ever turn out as an arrogant, obnoxious so-and-so shoot me dead, ok? Because what should give me the right to think myself better than everybody around me? If this sounds a little too "red" I'm sorry, but we're all equal in life, no matter what situations we were born under. We've all got opportunities to better ourselves, and that's great. But we should never look down on people who aren't as high up on the food cahin as we are.

Honestly, I could scream - my feelings on this particular subject area are so strong. I dunno, maybe I'm a little too polite for my own good, or perhaps I can see what others can't - that we're all human beings, no matter what. Creed, colour, race don't matter (so says the song) as long as we can see past all those things.

Next time I past somebody on the street, no matter who they are, I'll smile - and encourage you to do the same.
Post a Comment