Wednesday, 14 March 2007

Two To Go

The Friday-just-gone I got my exam results for those pesky tests I sat in January. And you know what? They weren't half bad! Could have done better in a couple of them, but all in all they've set me up nicely for the final set of exams coming my way this May / June.

However, there's no time to rest. I've still got two pieces of coursework left to complete. In English Language, I've got to study two ancient texts ("The Life and Opinions of Tristham Shandy" and Capote's "Music for Chameleons") and write a detailed commentary on how the language within the texts has changed over time. Excting, I know...

In Theatre Studies, I'm continuing to rehearse my final performance text, "Midsummer's Night Dream" - and in little under two weeks (Monday 26th March!) we'll be performing it to an invited audience. Nervous? Me? Never! Ah, to hell with it, who am I kidding? I'm nervous as hell, and can't wait to get the damn thing done!

It'll be a sad day though once "Midsummer's" is completed, because it could very well be the last acting role I ever do. That's it after that, it's time I concentrate on my writing at university. My days on the stage are almost over; I thought I'd be a little more upset than I am, but considering I'm not, I'm thinking that perhaps I made the right decision to quit acting. That's not where my voice rests.

Oh no, I'm a writer. Through and through. It's where my passion resides. Take today for example, I'm currently planning not one, but two new scripts - both of which take my writing in directions it's never reached before. There's the film noir styled "Cigarettes and Paranoia" and the comedic "Class of 2007" too. Better get writing. With exams coming, I won't have much free time on my hands soon...

And that's what I hate most of all; college zapping away my time. I can't enjoy writing, or television, or anything if they constantly give me work to do. And the work never stops piling up. Guess I should get back to it? Get that courserwork out of the way...

Two to go...
Post a Comment