Tuesday, 1 May 2007

Life's a Bitch

You know, I'm kind of ashamed to say it, but my dog attacked and killed a cat this morning. She saw the thing walk across the garden lawn, and pounced. As much as I struggled to get her off of it, she just held on even harder, until at last she'd drained it of all its life. It was kinda sad, looking down at this poor little pussy cat, lying lifeless on the ground. In the blink of an eye, its life had ended. Life's like that. It's a bitch, and you never know what's around the corner.

If I could just go back in time and change history, I'd make sure that cat lived to fight another day. It didn't deserve to die - after all, it was just doing what it did on a daily basis, not harming anybody. I'd reach out, and save it, and protect it from its macabre fate. If only time travel were possible. If only I could change all these little mistakes. If only.

That's what life is about - making mistakes, and finding the courage to take a deep breath in, and move on with things. As much as I could lament that cat, I'm not going to. Instead I'll move on by ensuring that my dog never does anything like that again. If it does, then I'll have no choice but to consider destroying it.

Take a look at your own life; is there anything you regret? Anything you'd hung on to all these years, and could let go? If so, then just take a deep breath in and tell yourself that you're not to blame - or if you are, you'll never do said thing again. And then breath back out, telling yourself from that moment on everything is a new beginning.

Because we should live life to the full, and forget the wrong to remember the right. Life is short, and you never know when some random dog is gonna pounce up and drain your life.

Live; because that's what life's about.
Post a Comment