Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Anything Over The Hill

I'm reinvigorated right now; having literally spent half the night writing away on my new longterm project (it's called "The Pen/Paper Paradox", and yes, that's all you're getting from me right now). Out of all the ideas I've had recently, stretching back to last year's "April 3rd" even, this is by far the most mature dealing with subject matter that can potentially be both hugely entertaining and creepy as hell; the question of our very existences.

Unusually for me I've dropped my convention of knowing how everything ends for this one script. Right now, a month into development and I only know 90% of what happens, because I feel that the second I stick an ending onto this work I'll either lose interest, or suddenly think that the emotional journey is over, when it's only just beginning. I've got inclings, and a generally gist, but nothing solid. Anything could be over that hill. Exciting, huh?

Back to relality, and work's going well. I feel like I'm part of the furniture of the place now, having spent the last four months settling in there. I don't know how much longer I'll be working at that place, but I'm still having a blast going into work every day. It's the people you see; or rather it's them and me. I think I've finally developed some people skills.

University is going to add a bit of pressure to my already bursting schedules (!) - I'm asking myself every day if somebody my age can juggle an education, employment and a family all at the same time? Guess we'll find out soon enough - like I said, anything could be over that hill.

ETA: T'was my first semi-full day of university today; a chance for me to meet the staff and students who'll be a massive part of my life over the next three years. They're all nice enough people, it's just a shame about the hour long bus ride from hell journey I have to take there every day. Altogether now.... nooooooooooooooooo!
Post a Comment