Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Making It 2008

I'm looking at today as a fresh start. It's time I draw a line under much of 2007, and move on - for good this time. 2008 is going to be different. It's going to be exciting, and wonderful, sometimes scary, but more often than not, funny as hell. That's my goal at least - to make this year the best bloody twelve months of me life.

Going into the new year, I have one specific aim - to "make amends". I want to fix a lot of things that I left broken or unfinished in the past. Like old scripts, or work, or whatever. 2008 will be the year I get it all done, and let go of certain parts of my past that I may have been holding onto for longer than I probably should have been.

I want to be able to wake up this time next year and be able to feel sad that 2008 is over. I want to look back at this year and think, "God, what a year" and smile when I remember it. No regrets, just lots of pleasent memories and experiences.

Today I'm going to type up that "A Documentary About God" transcript and hopefully post it on my Facebook account. Then I'll set out to write up my "Self" script. The scariest thing about my short film "Self" is that I made it without a completed script. Don't get me wrong, there was a script, or at least three or four of them. It was like a puzzle piecing them altogether in the editing suite - so I thought I'd take the opportunity to merge the different scripts together.

Then I've got work later on, and after that "Frank's Apocalypse" is still waiting to be written. I've got my "Cigarettes and Paranoia" script to develop too, as well as "The Pen/Paper Paradox". Oh, and I can't forget a redraft of "Aftermaths" either. Or "Beautiful, She". There's series three of my "Assassin" comic too, and the next twelve issues of its spin-off series "Darkened Avenue". Talking about comics, I need to conclude my "Hunter" series. After that, I guess I could write "Shiny Happy People" and then... then... well, let's just say that I've a lot to do throughout 2008. It'll be a busy old year.

It's about time I got started, don't you think?
Post a Comment