Tuesday, 15 January 2008

My Interpretation

I've had a busy couple of days, writing away and doing all those things I've been meaning to do for a while. Take "Frank's Apocalypse"; I'm now about 60% through the writing process (on the first draft at least, but things are looking good). There's a huge part of me that's proud of what's been written so far. The dialogue is, at times, pitch perfect and the action flows by brilliantly. Hell, I look at part of it and think, "I wish I'd written that" - and realise that, infact, I did!

There's also my "Foreign Devils" short story series, which I've wrote a handful of new stories for over the last week or so. Today I wrote the second of a two part episode, called "A Friend in Need" which tackled a moral question; do you save one life if it puts even more at risk? Ultimately, it was a price my characters weren't willing to face, and they let their friend die, rather than save him. Deep stuff. Intelligent stuff. Stuff I'm proud to have my name branded upon.

The 126 point list I made last week has gone down a significent number... but it's also risen too, as I realised I just couldn't let "Foreign Devils" end like that. I've expanded the number of 'episodes' devoted to the series finale; mostly because a series as great as this deserves it, but also because I don't want to let these characters go. Not really. I'll hang onto them for as long as I can.

Of the original 126 scripts/short stories, I've now written 5.

Still a long way to go, I guess. But I'm having a blast!
Post a Comment