Thursday, 14 February 2008

Orgy of Friends

Went out last night, which was quite an experience. Most of us guys and gals from the cinema headed on out to the tiny Siberia club in Bury, and drank the night away. And hey-ho, some others did more than drink. A lot more. Seriously, it was like one giant orgy in there (only I wasn't getting any) (naturally).

It's one of the funniest things about working in a cinema - all those hormones swimming about, and people hooking up left right and centre ('cept me, I never get any) (I've made that point already, haven't I?) Right now a whole bunch of the group are flirting with the idea of dating, but never actually getting round to doing it. Oh, for God's sake - just do it already, and get it out of your system!

Back to normality, and work continues at uni. I've got to put together a 3 minute documentary piece for Video Production, which is fun. It's called "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" and is based off of a proposal I made late last year. A proposal I never imagined we'd have to one day film... It's based off of my Dad's alcoholism, which is going to be mighty fun to film! I guess we'll manage though. Somehow...

I'm also writing a 10 minute script for a second year girl to potentially film. It's called "Demons" and probably won't ever meet camera lenses, but it's a cracking idea anyways. I'll submit it to the girl in question next week, and see if she wants to use it. I, honestly, love it - it's a great mix of moody and macabre. Fingers crossed!

And with all that going on, I've still (somehow) got time to be writing "Frank's Apocalypse" - which is just pages away from draft one completion. Oh, and "Cigarettes and Paranoia" is back with a vengeance too. I've been asked to produce a complete 5 minute short film script, and I guess "C&P" just met the criteria required. The central idea remains the same (prejudice in the 21st century) but now it's told in a far more specific (and interesting) way.

I'm busy, busy, busy (the way I like it)!
Post a Comment