Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Horrible is Ha-Ha He-He

Joss Whedon has done it again; he's gone out and produced another musical that I can't get out of my head. I am of course referring to his new internet sensation, "Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog", which debuted online here earlier today - and it's fab!!

As I've said before on this blog, I love the Whedon and virtually everything he writes (with the exception of maybe his "Runaways" stint for Marvel Comics, and some of the later "Astonishing X-Men"s) and this little three act, 42 minute comedy/drama/musical/parody is no different. I mean, you gotta love a guy for his sarcasm; and nobody does sarcasm better than Whedon*

Keeping with the music theme, I finally got round to buying the soundtrack to the sentimental (but at times, overated, also) "Juno". It's a fab collection - I'm particularly impressed with Barry Louis Polisar's "All I Want is You", and you gotta give a little respect to any album that contains the Kinks' "A Well Respected Man". Best £5 I spent today? Maybe.

I say 'maybe', because I also saw "Mamma Mia!" at the pictures. I know I don't have to technically pay to get in there - it's free for anybody who works at the site, don't cha know - but I brought my youngest sister along two (along with my Mum and oldest sister, who sorted themselves out!). We had a blast watching Meryl Streep, et al singing along to those admitedly cheesy ABBA tunes. A guilty pleasure, sure - but it's summer, and I wanna have a laugh and a few good times, and figure that whenever a guilty pleasure comes along, I should just grab it.

Anyhoo...

Clare's back in less than two weeks now. Can't wait. Missing her so badly now!!

Not long to go!!

*Well, maybe Chandler Bing - but he's a) fictional, and b) not the writer of "Dr. Horrible". Clearly. Geez, folks...
Post a Comment