Monday, 21 July 2008

Wherever You Go (They'll Be)

There's this tradition that I have at work, and it started a while ago. You see, when I first started working at the cinema there was this CD that played inside the screens as we cleaned them - but the music was terribly out dated and irritating. Stuff like Tony Christie's "Amarillo", to name just one. After a couple of months of listening to that drivel, I couldn't cope.

So, a tradition started. Everytime a new "Now That's What I Call Music!" CD came out in shops, I'd buy it and play it in the screens. It means that we have new(ish) music in the screens, and then three or four months later, the CD is replaced and we get something new.

Today the new Now! was released; only number 70 is quite living up to expectations. Ya see, CD one is just about bareable, but the second... geez, don't get me started. Put it this way, a fair chunk of the cinema's audience are over 50, and they ain't gonna be happy with the number of club tracks on that CD. They'll have a meltdown!!

Nevertheless, good music still exists. Take this track for example - it's called "Five Years On" and is by a group called Noah and the Whales. It's a lovely little track, which I can totally relate to. People change. Places change. Change happens, because it must, and we gotta be ready.

I've said before on this blog, I have no idea where I'll be in five years time. Hopefully I'll be happy, having fun and adventures aplenty. It's strange looking ahead, because it's impossible to predict things that haven't even happened yet - but I'm optimistic.

Something I am definitely looking forward to in the next couple of weeks would be Clare's return. I remember sitting down a long time ago thinking, 'she'll be gone an eternity'. Well, she has been gone an eternity, but the time has flown by!

The "Five Years On" song talks about a relationship, and whether it'll stand the test of time. I hope that what I've got with Clare does, because she's different you know, different to everything that ever came before. She isn't Katie, which is a good thing. She's her own woman, and I never feel the need to compare. Besides, I don't have to - my feeling for Clare are much deeper and much more understood than my feelings for Katie ever were.

Clare is a blessing, and I love her to bits. She's back soon, don't cha know, and I'm gonna do everything in my power to make her feel like the happiest girl alive.

Who knows, "Five Years On" we could be happier than ever before :)
Post a Comment