Saturday, 5 September 2009

Cautionary Tales of Facebook Stalking

Right, first things first, I'm back on Facebook. On top of that, all of the posts from this blog are being grabbed from here, and reposted on there. It means all of my Facebook friends now have access to these ramblings of mine. Scary. Hope they don't object too greatly to what I write here online - after all, it's my blog, and I can write whatever the Hell I want!

***

You know, I just couldn't help myself. Checked out the profile of Clare Kelly, an ex of mine, the other day. She's now in another relationship, with a guy called Andy even. From what I've read on his profile he seems such a nice, clever guy. Most importantly, I get the vibe that Clare and him are good together, and that she's happy. It's a catch-22 for me, because as the ex I'm supposed to hate the new guy/replacement, but I just can't. Sorry about that. Instead I'm all happy she's found somebody new, and that they now share a love.

It's depressing that I'm still single, of course. I've now been that way for an entire year. That means that it's the longest period of time I've been single since, ooh, December 2005. It's not like I don't try with the girls, let me tell you! It's just... well, I'm a wee bit useless. Also, I set my standards too high - far, FAR too high. In waiting for the perfect girl to come along, I pass on pretty much every other girl. Hmm, the right approach you think?

***

Anyways, I've been having a few ideas about the staff Christmas party. My ideal would be to book out a room, organise a film quiz and around that have an awards ceremony, secret santa and the like. Dunno if it'll go ahead, or if I'll face opposition. Shall find out, I guess. I have until December to plan it all out, and have it come to pass!

One thing I do know, however, is that I'm detirmined to have Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire playing somewhere. Have fallen in love with that song of late. Sad, I know.

Ho, ho, ho!

***

Don't ask for an update on scripts or other writings.

Simple:

There isn't one.
Post a Comment