Monday, 7 September 2009

Manic Monday

Had a great day today. It was one of those days where I just couldn't wait to get out of bed, you know, and face the world. Happens on a rare occassion! Usually when I have something planned, or it's a big 'event' like a birthday. On rare days, I'm even excited to get up and write. Today, not so much. But! I was pretty excited for a different reason - the second (in a hopefully long line of) staff social events!

We went to the Laser Quest inside the Trafford Centre, and before it we had a meal together at TGI Fridays. Was great, seeing everybody from inside of work... out of it. In some cases, literally ;) And yes, even though I didn't win the 2 games of 'Quest we had, I was so glad that it'd been organised, and that it actually did go ahead. Things like this fall through most of the time, so the month of planning that went into it actually did pay of.

Next month, if I can organise it (looks like it's going to be a bugger to plan) will be a trip to a Go Kart Racing track. Exciting times! Hopefully I might stand a chance of winning that one...

***

Been buying some Doctor Who books from eBay. When I was younger I was a massive follower of the EDAs (a series of novels that told the story of Paul McGann's Eighth Doctor, as seen in a 1996 TV Movie.). The series concluded in 2005, around the time of the new series, but I never got round to completing my collection. Now, it's an eBay job. Got about 6 or 7 of the last books in the run to buy now. Some of them are going for ridiculous prices. Must find myself a bargain.

Must complete the collection.

***

Still no news on the writing front :(

Really must kick my arse into gear.
Post a Comment