Monday, 5 October 2009

The Stig I Ain't

Phew!

Literally just got back from having been Go Kart Racing with fellow staff from work. T'was very fun - we ended up driving all the way to Warrington and having a Grand Prix race there. Ok, ok, so I did pretty badly overall (coming 17th out of just 20) but it's the taking part that counts...

Right?!

Gotta admit though that whole thing made me feel very queasy. Perhaps it's because I hadn't eaten since noon, or had anything to drink. I was running on empty; and that, mixed with the fumes in there... well, I guess it just set me off. That last race I took part in, I was just glad when it ended so that I could get some air. Honest, thought I might have to pull over and throw up - which, inside that helmet, wouldn't have been such a pleasurable experience.

Aside from that, I had a brilliant evening - mixing with a lot of friends, and having a laugh. They all seemed to enjoy themselves too, which makes the 4-6 weeks of planning time it took me to invest in worth all the while.

We'll probably return there at some point in 2010, maybe this time in the slightly-more-expensive 3 storey race track. Ooh, can't wait.

I'll still be a crappy driver, mind.

***

Bit of a boring post, because I really don't have anything else to talk about!
Post a Comment