Sunday, 3 April 2011

London Calling

I left home about six months ago. A job opportunity presented itself in the capital; so I up-rooted myself from Manchester, and made a 250+ mile journey to live in London.

Living on my own, I have plenty of time to think... to reflect on what's happened. I often don't. More important things occupy my time now, like work or money (rather, my lack of). When I do stop and pause for those brief moments, it's kinda scary... because I just don't know the answers to any of those questions I'm asking myself inside.

Am I enjoying London? Would I rather be back home, with my family? Is it worth it? Etc.

I don't know.

What I do know for sure is that, whether I liked it or not, I needed change during that last year or so in Manchester - and London offers it.

I spent a lot of time when I worked at Bury cinema thinking "Is now the right time to go?" I still maintain it was. 3 and a half years I spent working there. Ventures new, and all. And boy, there ain't no venture bigger or better than the one I'm at now. Westfield! The number 1 cinema in the UK.

Am I enjoying it? No more/less than Manchester, if I'm quite honest. I have to get use to my new surroundings, of course, but when I do and I'm comfortable with them there's no reason why I can't go about town just like I use to in Manchester, hopping on/off those 135 buses.

Would I rather be back home? Yes. Home is, ultimately, where the heart is. If Bury, Manchester offered me the same facilities and life tools as London... well, it would be a no brainer. I'd never leave (or have left). The fact is, it doesn't - so I have to use elsewhere.

I'm waffling. In short, I just don't know.
Post a Comment