Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Pushed

There was a time that working at Vue Cinemas meant so much to me. Literally, I lived more within its four walls than I did outside of them. I was full of passion, and a longing to do things/improve things.

Nowadays, I'm bored.

I'm tired of office politics at my current site - at the West End, Leicester Square. There's a manager there called George, who is simply a bully. An older gentleman, throwing his weight behind bad behaviour - often bitching or causing trouble.

On top of that, I've lost any respect I had for head office; who seem overly keen to chop work hours, at the cost of actually running a half decent cinema. If that wasn't bad enough... they still have the cheek to then complaint that the cinema isn't running as efficiently as it once was.

I just can't be bothered anymore. I can't see the point in it.

Besides that, I've got a girlfriend now - and that's something I cherish. I just don't 'need' the bother that the cinema provides.

Why am I clinging on, and not just resigning? Well, that's the question. I guess:

1) I'm scared of leaving the job behind and starting afresh somewhere else

2) I want to work the refurbishment of the West End cinema, and then go.

It does feel poisonous now - and the more days that go on, the more I know I have to go. I'm not pretending otherwise.

When I was gearing up to leave Bury I went through a stage of thinking "this is the best job I've ever had - am I doing the right thing?" Now, I think I'll just be glad to go.

Mid-2014 seems likely; although I wouldn't be surprised if I quit earlier than then.

So there we are. A new corner of my working life beckons.
Post a Comment