Wednesday, 30 October 2013

OMG! Just Shut It & Go To Bed...

In a few minutes I'll go to bed, but before I do I have a nightly project to complete. See, since January 1st 2013 I've been recording a 'Bedtime Story' each night.

It's one story, told over the 365 days of the year. If you're curious, it's the story of Galbraith, who  has conquered an evil Lord called Deimos, to become King of a realm called Hope. As the story progresses it becomes clear that the threat of Deimos isn't entirely over...

Sunday was significant, as it marked the 300th segment of the story! It's crazy, as a rough edit of the first 300 comes in at a whopping 1 hour 40 minutes - and there's still 65 left to go!!

I have no idea what to call this thing. It's hardly a film - as it 's just me sat infront of my video camera, saying a paragraph to camera nightly. Hmm... I choose to call it something more exciting. Yep, sirree - Iforever an optimist, the story is "something new".

Why do it? It was a challenge I set myself; an easy way to make something this year, with as little effort needed as possible (not that I'm lazy, I just lack tine due to my job). I had plans to make other  things - mostly short films - besides this, but they fell theough, and so this will probably end up my sole output for the year.

On top of that, I did it for my nephews. I feel a little guilty that I'm not around them an awful lot. They're growing up fast, and Uncle Anthony isn't there to be a part of that. This us a neat way of being a part of theor lives. I've discussed with my sisters that they play this video in years to come via Youtube, to my nephewsxwhen they're in bed getting ready to sleep. That way, no matter where I am in the world I *am* there, doing lovely uncle-y things.

So there we are - a tiring experience, that's driven me a little mad at times (some nights I JUST WANT SLEEP!! Dear God, LET ME SLEEP ALREADY!!) but it's been worth it, and a rather interesting one-off challenge for the year. And look, for fun, spot me age! Watch the beard grow, then watch it trimmed. Count the bed sheet changes - and spot the background ever changing.

When it's done, watch this space as I'll upload it here. More soon!
Post a Comment