Tuesday, 5 November 2013

The Highs and the Low, Low, Lows of House Hunting

I'm an idiot. I've spent the last three years quietly (and not so quitely) moaning to both myself and others, about my current room.

"It's tiny in comparison to the rooms I could be staying in!"

"The landlord does NOTHING to fix things!"

"I wish I could have internet - and a washing machine!"

Say what you will about my digs here at Pennard Road... but they are a zillion times better than half the rooms I've seen online over the last 2 days.

And there's 48 hours of my life I'll never get back. Man, I now know the reason why I put off moving for so long. I think my brain half-remembered the trauma and the tedium of house hunting back in 2010.

So many rooms, I'm losing track of what I have or haven't viewed. Infact, I've now probably seen inside so many homes, I've likely become an expert at London interior design (or something; just go with it, it's 2am and my brain is dead)

So, what have I found? Zilch. Squat. Nada.

I'm getting stressed because there's a deadline looking, and everything I've seen today has been a great big pile of steaming shit (AND poorly internally designed...) The one glimmer of hope I had turned to shit, too, whdn somebody a lot smarter (and attractive, it should be noted) pointed out that the moneys wouldn't work out.

Then I found a warehouse, and one choc-a-bloc full of arty tupes. I think that's just what I need; an adrenaline shot to my artist ways.

Fingers crossed they respond, and it works out. I 'd love toive thee - and at this point, it's the only room I've seen that is truly 'better' than what I have at thr moment.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully!
Post a Comment