Wednesday, 30 April 2014

M

This week the Tube has been on strike, and I've been on holiday. On the eve of May, I thought to write another one of these before the present month ends.

What has April brought, aside from that pesky Underground strike? Not much, if I'm honest. So far, 2014 is shaping up to be a wholly disappointing year - and to boot, a decidedly unlucky one for me too.

I've been seeing this girl for the past few weeks, and I actually really, really like her. It sounds like a real walking talking cliché to admit to, but it's been a long while since I met anybody I liked as much as her. Let's call her "M" - well, sadly for me, it doesn't look like M's feelings match my own.

It started so well...

Our first of two dates took place in a bar made entirely out of ice, in Mayfair. Consider that. It's the perfect venue for a first date! Unique, and a touch romantic.

Next up should have been a trip up the Shard tower... but a crappy dress code meant I wasn't allowed in. The date transferred to the next best thing. Well, certainly 'a thing' - Nandos, where the conversation we'd struck so well on date one continued.

I don't want to dwell on what didn't go right after that; suffice to say, there were things, and those things meant it didn't work out. I'm a little crushed, but glad I had the chance to meet somebody like her.

Lessons for the future? Hmm, I not too sure. Maybe the most optimistic of all, though, would be the acknowledgement that my dating life isn't over - far from it! The right girl is out there, if I could only just stumble on them!

Until then, Anthony's dating life continues...
Post a Comment