Sunday, 3 August 2014

Best Films of 2014 (So Far...)

Inspired by this lovely chap, here's a rundown of my favourite films of 2014 so far.

Shamefully, you'll notice a few noticeable absences of this list of everything I've seen up until now - the likes of Under the Skin, Blue Rein and The Grand Budapest Hotel were missed. Terrible, I know... but sometimes there just isn't the time to see everything!

TOP 10 FILMS (SO FAR!)

Honourable mentions: The Wind Rises, The Lego Movie, The Raid 2

10: Guardians of the Galaxy
9: Edge of Tomorrow
8: Nebraska
7: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
6: X-Men: Days of Future Past
5: Next Goal Wins
4: Inside Llewyn Davis
3: 12 Years a Slave
2: The Wolf of Wall Street
1: Boyhood

As a bonus, I'd intended to write up my favourite TV shows of the year... when it hits me, how little I've actually watched on TV this year. Damn.

It's been a better year for comics. I've read a mountain of the things! The following list is compiled of lots of books, published over many years:

TOP 5 COMICS READ (SO FAR)

Honourable Mentions: Bedlam, Daredevil (the Ed Brubaker run), Batman - Batman & Son.

5: Batman & Robin - Book 1 (DC Comics)
4: The Manhatten Projects - Volume 1 (Image Comics)
3: Daredevil (Marvel Comics, the Brian Michael Bendis run)
2: Fatale - Volume 1 (Image Comics)
1: Daredevil (Marvel Comics, the Mark Waid run)

Here's to the next half (ish) of the year!
Post a Comment