Friday, 20 March 2015

March 19th, 2015

A filming day!

I woke up at 9am, after a late close at work the night before...

All in all, I was only 15 minutes late, and managed to bump into the actress outside the location anyway.

As I said previously, today was all about filming pick up shots of the actress (Jess Kerr) so that we had things to cut to in various scenes. Also, we had to shoot her entrance - and then we recorded her dialogue in a clean environment, where the sounds and noises of a busy cinema background couldn't be heard!

I aimed to take lots of pictures to show here... but actually only took one. Nevermind, it'll do. It's a shot of Gabi directing Jess between takes:


As I type the footage shot is uploading onto the laptop, ready for Gabi to edit over the next week or so. After that... aside from sound fixing, the thing is done! I was talking to Gabi today about how scary that'll be; as I've had the idea for Lasagne in my head since 2007. It's one of those projects that doesn't ever feel like it'll end - but it soon will!

Truthfully, I'm still not entirely happy with the set-up of the sceniro, i.e. how we dicover that the main characters are killers. It's not a directing or acting issue. The fault lies with me, as the writer. I had an idea this evening, about beginning with dark shots of Soho at night, and then the following narration:

"The bright lights and dingy back streets of this place. It's the perfect setting for us, probably - us killers of London, once a month, as we assemble for dinner."

I walked around Soho after my shift tonight, and filmed a few shots. I might create a sizzle reel to tempt Gabi into using the narration at the start of the film. Honestly, it would solve the one remaining bug-bear I have: about who these guys are on screen, and why they deserve our attention as characters.

***

Kenneth's created his alternative script for Out. It features his shot list (which I'm fine about), some slightly altered bits of action (again, fine) and new dialogue, which is the only thing I have an issue with. It just doesn't sound right. I hope that's not me being too precious about what I wrote, or egotistical, when I say my original lines were better.
Post a Comment