Friday, 27 March 2015

March 26th, 2015

I'm frustrated, because at the moment, I'm stuck. Everything I can do on my film projects is done, and now it's just a waiting game:

Lasagne

Yep, Gabi is editing still. She's cutting the video down as much as she can, mostly by overlapping dialogue scenes and trimming longer scenes down to the bare necessity. It's horrible, but beyond watching her video back and commenting, there's not much I can do. I want to help, and to take the laptop off her and do some editing on her behalf, but I know that doing this would be a step too far, and belittle her involvement as director - so I definitely don't.

Current video length - circa 16 minutes.

Fellow

All of the scenes I've shot so far are edited, and looking good. Now, I just have to find an actress so I can film the film's opening park scenes, and then wait until I travel to Manchester next to film the ending.

I tried to move on and write Act 2 Part 1, but if I'm honest I'm just not feeling it. Something isn't quite gelling with the idea, and I'm stuck. I do have some ideas, but it's about making them work - and making them fit in with the direction I have in my mind for Horatio Maguire.

Out

I haven't heard from anybody - actors, director, et al. Dunno what progress is being made. Some, I hope...

***

10 years since Doctor Who returned. I remember it like it was yesterday! Ah, nostalgia.
Post a Comment