Wednesday, 15 April 2015

April 15th, 2015

A filming day!

That Resolute Desk: Six of One

Today me and Gabi shot April's segment (we shoot one section a month; all twelve combined will add up and create a 30 minute short).

I directed and other than a basic sceniro, I hadn't written much of a script. I left it pretty much up to me and Gabi to make it up as we went along.

For this, we shot in Piccadilly Circus. A busy Piccadilly to boot, and I got awfully aware of people watching and thus camera shy too. As my character, Jarvis, chronicles his whole life on video he did the same here, too - recording himself and girlfriend Vicky with a selfie stick!


Selfie Stick: The Movie!

Turned out ok I think. Background noise is horrible, so we might need to ADR or... actually... leave it as it, but with subtitles. Yeah, I like that. More realistic.

I liked returning to Piccadilly to film. It featured in the original Resolute Desk short, too. (Despite being a sequel to that, this is actually a prequel to those Piccadilly scenes!)

Lasagne

Afterwards me and Gabi watched Lost River at Curzon Soho. Once it was dark we took the camera around the area and re shot the scenes featured in Lasagne's opening bit. Means it replaces what I shot in Soho last month - but I don't care. Those bits were never intended to stick in the final film.

Gabi is doing ADR with her main actor Robbie tomorrow and then... Well, she's well on the way to finishing this off. An end of April finish is still very likely!
Post a Comment