Wednesday, 17 June 2015

June 16th, 2015

Radio silence, over!

Sorry I've been away for a while. I guess I got caught up with the more mundane things in life. As you've seen I recently left my job, and on top of that I've been moving out of my room. That's involved a dozen or so trips across London, wheeling my stuff into storage at my girlfriend's. All in, there's not been much time left for writing, or filming.

FELLOW

I've been naughty. Very naughty. I know I have this massive film project to complete, and do you know I haven't even given all that much thought recently? What's especially bad about that is that I have no idea how things pan out in Act 2!!

Yep, Act 1 is pretty much filmed now and I've always known how things are resolved in Act 3... but for whatever reason, my brain just can't get its head around the middle section. Ever since leaving the cinema, with all that time on my hands, I've had plenty of opportunities to sit down and think it through... but I keep putting it off! Today, I forced myself. I got the laptop out at my mum's, and made myself write. I think I know I don't have long left on this little vacation visit of mine, and if I don't film soon I won't get another opportunity to put Act 2 together for a while.

Of course, to film I need a script...

So I duly processed all of my thoughts thus far on how Act 2 plays out, and have now created the opening sequence and have storyboarded it! Yeah, it's not great (yet!) but I'll likely refine it before I get in front of the camera.

I have to admit, that it feels somewhat of a relief to have something new committed to paper for the film. For a while now it's felt like Fellow just ends with the conclusion to Act 1... and thus, it lacked a proper wrap up. Now the story can move on.

Like I said though, Act 2 is causing me some trouble. I'm still struggling to visualise what comes after this opening bit. In my head, I know generally what it should be (Horatio, having fun as his teenage self) but I just can't be more specific than that. Maybe the rush to film will motivate my brain to think something up? I sometimes think it's just lazy because it can be. When called upon, I hope it'll deliver the goods.

Expect me to film over the next days - when my sister Lauren is free, and we have time free to ourselves (as at the moment, we have other family members visiting every day)
Post a Comment