Sunday, 28 June 2015

June 27th, 2015

A (very tiring) filming day!

Fellow

Today's filming was perhaps the most nostalgic so far, as I revisited the park where I shot the opening to Self, to recreate that first scene but now 8 years on. To do it, I had to match the original camera angle precisely, as well as the surroundings of the park. Difficult when the wildlife has grown so much since 2007!

Here's what I came up with - left being the footage from Self, and right is the newly recorded scene from Fellow. The split screen is how is plays in Fellow:


I also reshot this short scene, completely:



And here's the 2015 update:


Oh, and it's difficult to fully explain what I mean, but I'll give it a go... I created a brand new shot, set within the time frame of Self. By that, I mean I recorded a 5 second bit featuring young Horatio again. Luckily for me, I didn't have to feature my face (which has visibly aged) or my belly (visibly fatter) - just my fingers. I think they can still convincingly play a teenage version of themselves!

(By the way, this involved a number of commutes to and from home, so I could have the relevant costumes and technical equipments handy)

Afterwards I edited, then met Phil Wooller in Manchester City Centre. Phil was the camera man on Self, and the two of us had a good catch up about the good old days - and then discussed filming on Monday.

I should hurry up and write the damn script!
Post a Comment