Monday, 13 July 2015

Budapest Girl

After 11 months together, me and Gabi have split up.

The first 8 or 9 months we were together were incredible! They were the best of times.  I haven't been in a relationship ad good as that since... well, ever.

Then as the time approached for me to leave my job, then my house... Gabi had a crisis, and became more and more unhappy. The communication between the two of us ground to a halt; and with Mr now based in Manchester, and her in London thibgs started to head towards their inevitable conclusion.

Today Gabi announced plans to move to the seaside. It would have thrown a further spanner into the works. During an evening phone call (our first time ever talking on the phone!) I said Gabi needed help with her depression, and suggested moving to the seaside wouldn't help. I suggested she move back home to Hungary, and stay with her mum in Budapest.

Then in the same room I asked Katie O'Donnell the same question eight years ago... I asked Gabi if she still wanted to be with me. She gave the same answer: I don't know.

From experience, this uncertainty actually translated as "no, I don't". She eventually admitted this, and that was that, relationship over.

I wish her the best, and hope she's happy.

It's a real shame though. We were good together! She directed "I Am A Vampire!" and Lasagne, plus we were working on That Resolute Desk: Six of One at the time of the break-up. Now the project will probably just go unfinished.

Anyhoo... the films aren't important right now. I shall miss her, dearly.
Post a Comment