Wednesday, 1 July 2015

July 1st, 2015

Britain is experiencing its hottest July day on record, and on this start to the new month I celebrate by filming a couple of very, very minor shots...

Fellow

I can't explain why, but I had this idea: in the montage sequence establishing Horatio behaving like a teenager again, one of the things he does is read the Harry Potter book series. I think because they were a big part of my teenage years, I figure they must have been for him too. Initially I was only going to get Horatio reading the final book in the series, released in 2007... but then I realised how long the sequence was turning out to be, so added in shots of him reading books 1-6 too, to pad the montage out.

As I traded in my Potter books when I left for London, I've had to track them down - in libraries, in charity shops, and from friends who might have them.


Today I got access to books 1 and 5, and shot their bits. 2 down, 5 to go!

I also shot a very shot section, where Horatio puts a sign on his bedroom door. *Ahem* (You'll know what I mean when you see it...)

Act 2 Part 2 is shaping up nicely in my head. I'll write it down in script form tomorrow. Couldn't today, as I was having a bit of a family day, and doing some job hunting!

More soon.
Post a Comment