Wednesday, 22 July 2015

July 22nd, 2015

Some days you think will just never come.

Fellow

I did it! I did what I thought was impossible after all this time, and I brought the character of Horatio Maguire back to the screen!

The reason I'm celebrating is because today marks a special occasion. It's the last time that I recorded scenes with Horatio Maguire for Fellow. Yep, after today he starts to fade away again into my filmography history - until the day, if ever, I decide to resurrect him again.

Feels slightly strange knowing that I won't wear those faded black jeans of his again, or any of those bloody hoodies (all of which needs a good wash now). Anyhoo, I went out filming three scenes:

Firstly, the new scene for Act 2.3 where Horatio meets his friend. I shot it in the Northern Quarter of Manchester City Centre; again working my mandate to get the city up on screen, and looking beautiful. Here, it looks pretty fab if I do say so myself! It was a tricky scene to edit. I'll continue to do so tomorrow, and will add the voiceover too.

Then I shot two bits for Act 2.1's music montage:

+ Horatio having a tantrum with his Mum. This was really hard to film actually, as me and Mum were just in fits of giggles throughout! Even in the final footage, you can see me smirking.

+ Horatio writing on post-it notes, of all the things he wants to do as a teen again. This looks OK; and is a nice callback to the post-it notes in Self's opening montage.

Aside from that, I spent the night editing Act 2.2 down. It's gone from 6'02'' to a leaner 5'30'' - which I can live with.

Will conduct the final edits of Act 2.3 and 2.4 tomorrow, and then it's time to start looking at sound fixes, as well as the possibility of colour grading the film.

For now... my body aches for sleep. Nighty night.
Post a Comment