Sunday, 5 July 2015

July 5th, 2015

Apologies in advance. Nothing exciting to see here today...


Fellow

I've used up any remaining shots from Act 2 Part 1 and 2 that I can shoot solo. It means I didn't shoot a single thing today, but perhaps it's for the best I take a break from the filming. Instead, I turned my hand to the writing...

Act 2 Part 2 still lacks a conclusion. I'm having difficulty getting my head around the emotion of the piece. What would Horatio be feeling? Once I establish that, I can decide what he would be thinking, and then finally what he would be doing. I know that Part 2 ends with him having doubts about what he is doing, as well as start to question his choice to resign his writing responsibilities. Walking home from the cinema before, I started to get the first twinges of what should happen... so fingers crossed, the solution will come to me soon.

(As it stands, Part 2's rough edit ends with Horatio touring Manchester. I then have shots of the Cornerhouse, that will fit in with what comes next. After that, I think one more scene is needed. I have this visual of Horatio drawing a delete button across a dozen or so yellow post-it notes, and sticking them to his bedroom wall. I'm not sure if this is an adequate ending, or if more scenes than these two additions are needed)

Meanwhile...

Act 2 Part 3 is half completed! Horatio has a tent, and I've introduced his sister Erica. There's still more to come - I have an important confrontation between him and his mum to create, and then there's that final montage... Oh, it'll be sad, mark my words! It's funny how quickly this all formed. I think (unlike Part 2) I've had the emotional tone of Part 3 in my head for such a long time that it comes natural to me now in the writing stages. I've stopped for the day now though. I think half a script is enough... and anyways, I've reached a point where I'm now stuck! Will do me good to take a break, sleep on it, and return to the idea later.

***

It was Terminator: Genesys I saw at the cinema. I didn't think it was half as bad as the critics are making out!!
Post a Comment