Thursday, 9 July 2015

July 8th, 2015

The past few days have taken their toll. I'm exhausted! Anyhoo, another filming day...

Fellow

Interestingly, I shot footage for three different videos today:-

Act 1


Finally, I filmed the scene of Horatio hard at work in his dead end job! In the original assembly of Act 1 you might remember that I used footage from Ushers to illustrate the point. I never intended to keep this clip in the final film.

You can see that Horatio works given out leaflets for a comedy club. Why a comedy club? In the original version of this film (titled The Fool) Horatio would have gone on stage at such a place, and delivered a comedic monologue. Funnily enough, I borrowed the baseball hat he's wearing here off my friend Phil... and unknowingly, atop it was the word FOOL. Strange coincidence!

Act 2 Part 1

Was going to film a shot for the montage scene, where Horatio has a tantrum with his Mum. Sadly, I ran out of time - so this will have to ait until another day!

Act 2 Part 2


I did, however, shoot the more substantial conversation between Horatio and his Mum, where she asks him to pay the rent.

Together with Phil Wooller, I also shot the missing close-up from Horatio's meeting with his friend in the park - and reshot where his friend asks "Are you still writing?"

I had intended to shoot his friend's 'voice of God' narration, but we couldn't find somewhere quiet enough in Manchester City Centre to do so, before we ran out of time.

I edited it all together. It means that Act 2.2 is now just missing one short shot, and it's completed! Well, on a rough level. Still lots of picture and sound stuff to do.

Act 2 Part 3


And so, work moves on to the next segment. Yep, for the first time I shot sequences from video four in the Fellow series!

The single scene shot comes from near the beginning, where Horatio finds he is locked out of his house. I have to say, watching the footage back, edited together it looks very very good! I'm surprised - in a good way! - by how many laugh out loud scenes are in this series.

I'm off to watch The X Factor being filmed tomorrow (don't ask...) - but if I can, I'll be chipping away at later Act 2.3 scenes when I get in. I'm a little nervous... the end of this particular segment, if done right, could be the most dramatic work I've ever produced. I've put the pressure on myself to do it justice!
Post a Comment