Monday, 27 July 2015

The Job Hunt

It's a new week. Lots of fresh challenges ahead; things I want to do, and over come.

Top of that list? Right now, finding a new job. I've been unemployed for almost two months now, and truth be told in all that time I've not really tried. You know?

I mean, fair enough I've put myself forwards for various things. Yes, I've also looked through a fair amount online. But nothing crazy. I haven't been that fanatical job searcher you probably need to be when throwing yourself into something like the creative industries.

Today then. A new week. Lots of opportunities. What will I find?!

Erm...

Not a lot, to be honest. A few positions I'm not qualified for. Some more that look alright, and I probably will apply for. Not that stand out as an amazing chance.

I know I need to learn how to drive. It'd mean I could apply for runners positions (which make up 90% of Mt First Job in Film/TV ads). I don't expect it's a glamorous position; but at this point I need to push myself out any TV or Film production that would have me. THEN I get qualified for those other roles, and things snowball from there.

I'll look to start lessons ASAP.

***

Me and Gabi argued over this tonight. She thinks I'm naive, and although she never said it, I think she feels I should give up the dream. But I can't!! There's still a chance. I don't want to look back and think I didn't chase it fully.
Post a Comment