Sunday, 9 August 2015

A Picture of Me

Gosh... We're quickly approaching my 500th blog entry - which should hit later this week.

A few years ago, I wrote this piece - which, actually, is the most read of any of my blog posts. For some reason, it's very popular with online searches! Anyhoo, I thought I'd spin the idea on its head and present a semi-sequel, only this time... all about me.

Here then are pictures of me, each representing a year of my life.

The day I was born:


1989:


1990:


Me and Mum, towards the end of the year.

1991:


Me and Dad, in March.

1992:


Me at nursery-school.

1993:


Me in Reception class, Heaton Park County Primary School.

1994:


Me and my sisters Donna (aged 4 here) and Sarah (less than 1 year old).

1995:


Taken during the summer. The cut on my forehead is from a teenage neighbour swinging me... and accidentally letting go! I still have the scar from it now.

1996:


Mum and Dad were breaking up across 1996/7. There's very few pictures of me from this period. Most likely Dad took the 'recent' pictures, and Mum got to keep the older ones. This was literally the only picture I could find from this year.

1997:


Apologies for the poor quality. See 1996 for reasons why!

This is Christmas. My cousin Zoe is in the background, as I play with the Power Rangers Megazord toys I'd gotten across the festive period.

1998:


Me in Majorca - with 2nd degree burns to my legs from the sun!!

1999:


With Donna (9 here), Sarah (5 going on 6) and Lauren (less than a year)

2000:


My first high school picture!

2001:


Another quiet year for photos of Anthony...

This is the reception to Mum and step-Dad Dave's wedding, September 2001.

2002:


Christmas time, again.

2003:

At Prestwich Carnival (and probably the only time I've ever worn denim...)

2004:


Post school production of Beauty & the Beast, I finally cut the hair I've been growing all summer. Notice the grey in it... Yep, I really did dye it for the part!

2005:


Dressed smartly for my high school prom night.

2006:


A screenshot from my first film, April 3rd.

2007:


Christmas Party, 2007.

2008:


Taken for my girlfriend Clare, who was away in New Zealand at the time.

2009:


Drunk and disorderly at Shudehill bus station.

2010:


Mum's 40th birthday (and only weeks before I leave for London)

2011:


The Doctor Who Experience, Earls Court.

2012:


In the office at Vue Westfield, during September.

2013:


Me and my nephews Tyler and Jamie (both less than a year old here)

2014:


Fast becoming a tradition - Anthony pointing at his past selves!

2015:


Filming in Oxford Circus with my girlfriend Gabi - during a hot May day.

Today:


Now with added glasses!
 
***

Thanks to my Mum for helping me put this together. We went through a mountain of images to ensure every year was covered in some form.

There we have it - my life in pictures (thus far)! It's strangely emotional.
Post a Comment