Thursday, 20 August 2015

August 20th, 2015

This completely contradicts some of the message I put out in that last blog - about letting go of the past and moving on. Never mind. Life is meant to be lived, and contradictions abound.

I met some faces from my past today - my friends Dan O'Connor and Rob Dyson. I worked with the pair at the Pilsworth cinema, but to various degrees we lost touch following my move to London.

The meeting was great. We all had a catch up, and I realise how much has (or hasn't) changed since I left home in 2010. It made me nostalgic for that era of my life again.

We got plans...

Come Dine With Me

We played a version of the popular Channel 4 daytime show between ourselves, in March 2010. This was shot but never edited. I'm finally going to get access of the footage this week - and can at last make our ameteur recordings into bites ie episodes!!

***

My mood has massively lifted today. I think it helped getting g out the hose and doing something.

I also deleted old emails. Lots of them! Things from university, and between old colleagues. I finally let go of emails Tohko sent me during our relationship, and Gabi too.

(I know you both still read this blog, so sorry about that. It's nothing personal - I just can't cling onto what's gone anymore. It's hardly healthy, and encourages negative dwelling on the past)

Add in that today was Doctor Who Magazine Thursday (I.E. a new issue out today) and this has been the most fun day I've had in a long while.

Tomorrow - back to job hunting, and I'm detirmined to make progress on more of my writing.
Post a Comment