Monday, 31 August 2015

August 31st, 2015

My legs are killing me. I ran again today. It's like a system shock for my whole body; and one in which it desperately needs! I weighed myself last week - and I've ballooned up to 15 stone and 5 pounds (roughly 96 kilos). That's a ridiculous amount. I need to take better care of myself. I'll weigh in again next week, and see how things compare then.

That Resolute Desk: Seven-Thirty

By now, you've seen that the video is finally completed! Whoop, whoop!

I put the finishing touches on the edit today, and think it's come out looking smashing. The only reservations I have about the film are a) my writing, and b) my acting. The worst of the two is the writing. I think I neglected the script a little in this one. Looking back, I would definitely do things a little differently now.

On that note...

That Resolute Desk: Six of One...

Yep, it's still called that (for now, until a better idea pops up in head).

The fourth chapter in the life of Jarvis O'Hara, and things are slowly beginning to move again. I sat watching the original footage back tonight, trying to decide what to incorporate into the new film, and how.

I had the idea of having a present day Jarvis reflecting back on his break-up, and what the relationship meant to him. I would have included brief snippets of the original footage here and there. The film would probably have been very downbeat, and most certainly ended on a sour note.

Then I thought, stuff that! I'm going to have the complete opposite approach. This will be a celebration of Jarvis' relationship. There's probably a reason why he's looking back on things - most likely due to the fact he's moved away from his girlfriend. I think it's a greater challenge having this adapt a happier tone. After all, any old sod can do miserable (as my friend Dan tells me, frequently) Let's make this heart warming and (dare I say it) a little romantic.

I'll sleep on the thoughts I've had for it tonight, and develop it further tomorrow.

Exciting!

Out

I spoke to the director, Kenneth Spencer, today. He's still very interested in making the film, and says it's still in development and should film soon.

Fellow

Last but by no means least...

I'm going to return to its sound edit this week. Definitely this time! I'm determined that by the end of September, this'll be completed, and 'out there' for all to see.
Post a Comment