Wednesday, 5 August 2015

August 4th, 2015

Nothing new to report for Eight Months Last Tuesday (for shame, Anthony...) but progress on another project, or two.

Ushers

I know, I know... I concluded this last December. But I was never happy with the sound edit. I always intended to go back and fix things, which I've now done. Four scenes that were too quiet to hear before have now been amplified. (However, there is background noise now present - but I can't eliminate it any further than I already have)


For now, it will remain private on Youtube. The time will come, eventually, when I decide to make it public. It still doesn't feel like the right time.

That Resolute Desk: Seven-Thirty

Man, this was in a state!


Me and Gabi filmed it last October/November; but we both then pretty much abandoned it, to allow us to move onto other projects. For a long time I've been meaning to go back to it, and finish editing the project together.

Attempting to do so proved to be very, very hard work. See, me and Gabi uploaded the filmed footage onto my laptop, but were quite slapdash with where we saved it. So some footage was here, some there, and more over there. It took me a while to piece together what was what; a process not helped by the fact that the original footage was wiped, in an incident with my camera last year.

Eventually I got most of what I was looking for. Sadly, some of Gabi's earlier editing work has been lost along the way. This meant I had to re-edit some sequences. I did so, and then edited a few more bits that we hadn't touched before. All in, I got the project to just over 5 and a half minutes.

I don't know if it works or not. I'll send it off to Gabi, who's now based in Southend, to watch. I experimented with my side of the footage - chopping odd frames out, to make it fir with how contemporary Youtube videos are shot. I also added some bits and bobs with the mobile phone messaging - as I wanted the texts to appear dynamic on screen, like they are in Sherlock.

Still, I'm glad it finally exists in some form. Feels like I've just added a new film to my canon!

***

I have also put the rushes for "I Am A Vampire!" and Ushers into one single location on my external hard drive. Going forwards, I'll make sure that I'm tidier and more organised with my rushes!
Post a Comment