Wednesday, 5 August 2015

August 5th, 2015

Still no work on Eight Months Last Tuesday. Tut, tut.

That Resolute Desk: Six of One

This is the monthly project I started with Gabi at the turn of 2015. The plan was to film one segment every month, that added another chunk to the story (in real time terms). So far, January through to May have been shot. Due to me moving away to Manchester, as well as other complications, nothing was filmed in June or July.

Now it's August, I want to get back to work on the project. If I don't, then this'll just end up an abandoned film project - and I don't want that to happen. So, the question is - how do I get the project back up to where it should be?

Well, today I made plans. I'm going to chop May's segment in two and make the second half June's bit of footage. To compensate, I'll film a new bit to go with the May footage.

That leaves July to catch-up on. Originally I was filming this with Gabi - but she's away in Southend now, and I'm sure she's got other things on her mind other than this! It means I will have to write something in which July's segment may reference Gabi's character - but we don't actually see her.

For August I might do likewise, or I might wait until Gabi is willing and available, and add her to August. If I choose that option, I should film September's segment now - and return to August's bit at a later date.

That's the tricky thing now. Creating the rest of the film, when potentially Gabi won't have any further involvement. Hmm. It might be fun trying to write my way out of this one!!
Post a Comment