Monday, 12 October 2015

October 11th, 2015

Or "When is Isis not ISIS? (Answer below)"


Silly opening aside, today's seen some progress on a number of fronts:

First of all, I'm making a proposal for an industry organisation. It may (or may not!) lead to a job working with them. That would be an incredible opportunity. I need to send this work off to the company tomorrow, and we'll see where it goes.

I've been sent Stephen George's feature script Nothing Important Happened Today. I haven't had a chance to read it yet (I like the title a lot!) but will do tomorrow. Then we're in full swing, as I take up the mantle of the film's producer, and help Stephan get this thing made.

To do the above, I'll actively research the role of producer; specifically their management styles. I don't want to zap Stephan's vision either, so I want to manage him in such a way that a) the film gets made the way he wants but also b) it's as good as can be.

***

I worked another day of LFF today, where I met director Stephan Frears ahead of his showing of Lance Armstrong biopic The Program.

The cinema GM - my good friend Kathryn - also made me lug this box on the bus back home!


I can't complain too much. She is letting me stay at her's during the festival, free of charge!
Post a Comment