Monday, 5 October 2015

So. Very. Tired.

I woke up at 3pm today. 3pm!!

That's a combination of my late, late night out last night - bit also the last 12 days, waking early to work the festival schedule.

Today, I'm free again. I'm a little sad about that, because it means I sink back to that routine-free existence I had before. Raindance gave me a purpose, and something to wake up for each day.

But it's not all doom and gloom. I've used today as a bit of a 'me' day. I haven't really had time to do anything this past fortnight, so I used my freedom to catch up on Doctor Who and This is England '90 (I love that show).

Later I went to the cinema and watched The Martian 3D. I liked it. I think it's the first modern Ridley Scott film that hasn't reduced me to tears of boredom. Matt Damon is very good as the astronaut, and there's a lot of humour keeping the whole thing afloat. Yes, it's very American (including a sickly sweet finale) and yes, some of the science doesn't convince - but overall, it kept me entertained, and I'd certainly recommend to others.

Had a clearout of my emails. Found one from Gabi. I didn't even realise she'd sent it. Anyhoo, she doesn't want a reply from me, so it doesn't make much difference now. I'll respect what she asked, and won't message her back. I'm not even sure what to say (or if there's anything left to say) anyhoo.

Me and James are sat watching TV together now. We're eating a rather unhealthy amount of McDonald's chicken nugguts. I really shoukdn't - but can afford 1 day off my diet. I've now lost 2 stone (13.2 kilo) since the end of August. I'm rapidly heading to my slimmest weight since 2011.

On that note... The programme has ended. I'm off to sleep.

Oh, how I've missed it!
Post a Comment