Thursday, 8 October 2015

Then This Happened

I'm literally about to get on my coach at London Victoria, heading back to Manchester, when I get a call from my old General Manager at the cinema.

I worked alongside him during Raindance. Now he wants to know if I'd be interested in working London Film Festival, at Vue's Islington branch.

Of course, I have no problem with that. It's not like I've got a job waiting for me back in Manchester. Besides, unlike Raindance this pays actual money! Around £700 (ish) yo be exact. Whilst I wait to hear back from Forbidden Planet, this will plug that gap in my employment nicely.

I will be a screen manager again - working from this Friday through to the following week's Sunday. It'll be alongside two of my friends - Kathryn and Keiichi, and will allow me to (finally) tick off Vue Islington as somewhere I've worked. I was supposed to transfer there back in 2012 as a manager, but the move nevery materialised. It's where Tohko worked, too, after she was booted out of West End on account of dating moi. It has a special place in my heart as, after Westfield, it's the Vue I frequented most to watch free films.

To be clear, this doesn't mean I'm rejoining Vue on a full time basis. As far as i'm concerned this is a one off, 10 day affair. Beyond that... well, it looks like things are finally coming together for me anyway, so there's lots to look forward to.

***

I arrived back in Manchester, and found a postcard off Gabi. It's sweet and I'm glad she sent it, but I've absolutely no idea what's going through her mind these days. Does she want contact, or not? I've given up trying to read the behaviours of the girls in my life.
Post a Comment