Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Something Inside (So Strong)


I said to Jack last week that I think I'm ready to start writing again. It's been a while, and I stopped due to events this summer... but now something inside is telling me that I've recovered enough to begin the process again. I don't know what I'll do first - maybe baby steps, who knows. But watch this space - because something is coming!

In the meantime, I must begin the process of job hunting again. Relax, I am still working at Forbidden Planet - but it only pays just above minimum wage, and I cannot afford to live off that amount per month. Something has come up at FP Headquarters, which I may apply for. Then there's, well I can't say. But it's something in the industry, and something I've alluded to before. It's moving forward, at snail pace... but if it pans out, I'll be sorted both from a money angle, but also from the point of view of me working in the industry.

***

I watched two films at the cinema over the last week or so:


This is a very, very British film. I have to admit, I liked it but didn't love it. Maggie Smith is great... but there's not much to the story, and it doesn't quite explore its themes as fully as it could do.



Sicario was a very well constructed film, but an unpleasant one. I'd still mark it highly, but I doubt I would be in a rush to rewatch it anytime soon. My movie crush on Emily Blunt continues, however.

Next on my watchlist:


Just because I love Pixar. However... I think this one does look quite slight. Although my expectations aren't very high, I'll still make an effort to see the film this opening weekend.

This too...

Post a Comment