Sunday, 20 December 2015

December 19th, 2015

This is the third year in a row where I've missed my family Christmas get together in Manchester. I was hired as a Christmas temp at Forbidden Planet, so felt very cheeky asking for today (the busiest shopping day of the year) off. Also, I didn't fancy the long commute back to Manchester, just to attend one short party - before making the return journey tomorrow. If it helps, Nan couldn't make it either. She's too ill these days, which is very sad. I know how exciting she finds these parties.

Like I indicated above, today was crazy busy at work. It was also, for some strange reason, utterly bonkers. One woman had some sort of meltdown with me and Jack, calling herself a "bad bitch" and screaming at the pair of us to cut the sale's "bullshit". Yes it was funny, even though neither of us knew quite how to react!

I've put a short "deleted scenes" package together for Ushers. Nothing too funny in there. It's pretty apparent why these scenes got cut! There is a nice blooper with my friends Kathryn and Jon, mind:


Fellow

Part One's video is almost-but-not-quite finished now. I've inserted a flash inbetween Horatio talking to his mum on the phone, and the flashback to Margot Shelley. I've been meaning to do that for ages. I've also decided that when Horatio lies on his bed thinking, I'll put the narration from Self playing ever so lightly in the background. Sort of implies that he's thinking about the past - but there's some distance between the him now and the him then.

Hopefully it'll be done and dusted completely by this time tomorrow, and I can première the video to my housemate Jack. After that, straight onto Part Two (which doesn't need much editing doing to it) and then the final four parts of the film.

The end is, finally, in sight!
Post a Comment