Thursday, 10 December 2015

December 9th & 10th, 2015

These past few days feel like a blur. I'm on the tail end of working 9 days straight, and so I'm pretty tired. I'm getting home, and lacking the energy to do much more than sit on the sofa watching old Doctor Who (currently 'Colony in Space') or The X Files.

Today, December 10th, is a bit of a strange one. Not only would it have been my Nan's birthday, but on this day - 10 years ago exactly - I went on my very first date! I'm not quite sure how you recognise that milestone. It's hardly worth celebrating, considering that the relationship that stemmed from the date ended many years ago, also. However, it was a significant step on my road to adulthood. I think it merits a mention, at least. Hooray for 2005 me! Growing up at last!!

Yesterday, I met up with another old work colleague - Zira. We went to Vapiano in Soho, and sat down to discuss our lives. We got talking about my writing/film making, and actually saying some of the ideas out loud gave me some ideas. Anyhoo, Zira was very impressed with the ideas that I had for A Sandwich Mystery, Battery Life of a Relationship and my 'Untitled Political Play'.

Here's a picture of Zira stood outside the very same phone box used by Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation:
(I had thought it was the same one as featured in Lasagne too - but this was not the case)

Over the next couple of days, I should be catching up with Svetlana again to go over Not on Your Nelly! and also be attending the staff Christmas party.

There's also the matter of Assassin 4.1 - which I will definitely finish. I think I need to go back and rewrite what I originally put together on the 8th December, and start again from scratch. I dunno... something just doesn't feel right about that version. I think I can do much better than that - which is especially needed, as this is the first chapter in a new volume.
Post a Comment