Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day - time for a song!


Good old Mr Bowie there. I loved the version used in Lazarus, too.

It's been a while since I spoke on here about relationships, and today seems an apt time to bring the subject matter up again.

As it stands, I'm single. It's been that way since July 2015, when my last relationship ended. Up until recently that made me desperately sad, as if I was wasting time not sharing my existence with anybody else. But do you know what? 2017 has been good to me, and I'm really enjoying all the writing I've been doing, that it makes me realise I don't need anybody else to be happy. I can be that all on my own.

Saying that, if the right girl came along then I would obviously be happy. People keep telling me I should try using dating sites, and I'd likely meet my ideal girlfriend on there. Truth be told, I wouldn't want to. There's something awfully sweet about meeting somebody in person, and it clicking into place naturally. Sadly that makes it harder to meet anybody - as I don't come across all that many 'new' people in my life.

What would be the perfect girlfriend? Hmm. Somebody who's creative, and a thinker. Somebody quiet and considered. A lover of cinema, and TV, and comics, and popular culture. Somebody exotic - because it gives me the chance to learn, and fall in love with, a new culture. Somebody clever, but not a show-off about it. Somebody kind, and funny, who's eyes light up when they're having the time of their lives. A traveller. Somebody who's a bit of a bossy boots (I need that). A good communicator. Most important, a friend.

So not much then!

It'll happen when it happens.

Until then - I guess there's plenty more single Valentine's Days to come!!

***

It's 10 years since this.

I remember it like it was yesterday!

I've only ever had a girlfriend on a Valentine's Day three times - back in 2006, 2007 & 2015.

In 2006 I remember I received a lovely Thortons' Chocolate Heart, although all other details of the day fail me! And 2015 saw a venture onto the (then) new North Greenwich cable cars, and a pizza meal at the (again, then) new Pizza Express just off Leicester Square.

Geez. What was I thinking? I can do better than that!

One day!!
Post a Comment